the office clue
How to establish our own startup
Disadvantages of overworking
How to relax your body
Some might say that technology has reached its limit. It is safe to say that they are wrong. Technology still hasn’t reached its saturation. It has more to offer. It will offer more. It still hasn’t reached its full potential. There have been enough examples to prove that Technology is probably the best thing about the last century with very minimal downsides. Some major technological breakthroughs in 2018 are:
3D Metal Printing
3D plastic printing is a technology that has been there for the past few years and it has been a huge help in designing and prototyping. Now, the technology of instant metal fabrication has become a reality and it clearly opens a new world of endless possibilities. This technology to create large, complex metal structures on demand could revolutionize manufacturing. It enables manufacturers to make a single metal part much more cheaply than using mass-production techniques.
For the first time in human history, researchers and scientists have made embryo-like structures from stem cells alone, without using egg or sperm cells. Many say that it will open up many possibilities for understanding how life comes into existence. Many have also debated about how it raises ethical and even philosophical problems. If this technology is fully developed, it will make it possible to simply from a stem cell taken from another embryo, without a sperm, or eggs. It would be an unnatural creation of life.
In Google’s parent company, Alphabet, at Toronto’s Waterfront district, developers are creating sensors and analytics that rethink how cities are built, run, and lived in. The aim of this project is to make “smart cities” – a direct result of the integration of urban design with cutting-edge technology, more affordable, liveable and environmentally sustainable.
Cloud-based AI Services
The key players in this are Amazon, Google, IBM, and Microsoft. It is reported that they are all working on increasing their access to machine learning and artificial neural network technology. The purpose of this to make AI more affordable and easy to use. If it becomes a reality, if AI tools start being available in the cloud, it will mean that machine learning will be widely accessible to many different businesses. This will be revolutionary as it will make AI far cheaper and easier for businesses to deploy.
Duelling Neural Networks
This breakthrough boasts to do the impossible. It is said to bestow artificial intelligence systems with “Imagination”. It plans to do so by allowing them to “spar” with each other. Many companies, including Google Brain, Deep Mind, and Nvidia are focused on creating systems that will create realistic, computer-generated images or sounds. It is a subject of controversy as well, as it enables computers to take matters into their own hands.
We live in the digital world. There is a virtual counterpart to anything that exists physically. Technology has become an essential part of our everyday lives and is constantly improving at a rate which will not come down. All this has happened in the span of a century and as a result, it has caused a shift in lifestyles of people, a shift in the way people think and operate. Ever since technology began producing machines that are better than humans on almost all the jobs in the face of the Earth, a debate sparked which asked the question if technology was good for mankind or not. There are many pros and cons of technology that have been discussed and some of them are:
Pros of Technology
- Improved Efficiency – Technology has brought on many inventions onto this world that has improved the lifestyle of many people. Computers, email, and above all the Internet have had great impacts on the society. The biggest pro is the time that a machine takes to do things. Things can be done almost instantly by using technology. This has greatly impacted business as well. The means of doing things in business, mainly manufacturing goods has been greatly streamlined. This has resulted in major reductions in waste and lower costs for the consumers.
- Increased Job Opportunities – Technology has created a gigantic amount of new jobs in the world. Many people are needed to work with the new technology in homes and the workplace. Many people are required to maintain and develop this technology as well. It has opened the door to many new employment opportunities for many youngsters.
- Better Communication – It is now very easy to stay in contact with another person. To look back and find people exchanging letters just seems weird now. You can collaborate with anyone in the entire world. You can talk to anybody, video chat with them, or just chat with them.
- Improved Medical Care – One of the major pros of Technology is the improved medical care that it has been providing ever since its inception. A lot of technology is constantly being developed in the medical field. Surgical procedures and everyday functions have been made very simple and efficient.
Now to the cons of Technology. Some of the widely acknowledged cons of Technology are:
- A Social Divide – Technology as you know, is expensive. Not everyone can afford it. This creates a divide between the rich and the poor, with the rich having robots, do their work for them. The poor have to do the work themselves. This is what creates a social divide between them.
- Laziness – Our generation has gone so lazy, as it has machines to do its work for them. Everything is easier, and everything is done for them. With the slow advancement of technology, people are forgetting the old-fashioned way of doing things – good old hardwork.
- Quickly becomes obsolete – This the the problem with any new invention. As technology keeps on advancing, newer and cooler versions of it are designed. This is the problem with technology. If you have something new and cool, it might soon become obsolete. This is causing our landfills to be filled up with unused computers, cell phones, and other things damaging the environment.
A business management degree is a very common course that people pursue these days. With an increased number of people taking up the course, there is more competition too. Contrary to popular belief, there are a number of opportunities for people with a business management degree. Most of the jobs available for you involves handling or managing a team of people, as the course says. Some of the jobs available for you if you have a business management degree are
It has a projected growth rate of 9% between the years 2016 and 2026. It requires you to contact new and existing customers. It is exactly what you think. You have to explain product features, answer any questions that your customers might have. Basically, you have to convince them to buy your product, even though they might not show interest in the beginning. Sales representatives sell to different people. Some sell directly to customers, while some sell to businesses or other organizations. The average salary for a Sales Representative is $60,530.
This job also has a potential growth rate of 9% between 2016 and 2026. The average salary expected for a Marketing Manager is $127,560. The job of a marketing manager involves estimating the demand for products and services that an organization offers. They analyze organizations based on sales and revenue of the company and they oversee a team of the company that develops strategies to maximize profits. As mentioned earlier, you will be heading a team of people as the Marketing Manager.
This job has a lesser growth potential compared to the aforementioned jobs, with an increase of 7%. The average salary for a Sales Manager is $117,960. As a Sales Manager, you will direct the sales team of an organization. You will set goals for the team. Give them data to analyze, and also with your team develop training programs for the sales representative of the organization. The job is largely just handling your team and make sure that it works as a team, as a cohesive unit and not just a bunch of random people forced to work with each other.
The projected growth rate for this job position by 2026 is a 12% increase. In terms of salary, the average salary for this job is $81,330. As a management analyst, your job is simple. You have to propose ways to improve the efficiency of an organization. Your primary goal will be to make everything profitable and better for the company in all aspects. You will be advising managers on how to make organizations or companies more profitable, by reducing costs and increase revenues.
Business Management is a course of study that many people nowadays pursue. It leads to attaining an A.A.B. (Associate of Applied Business) degree. The number of people taking up this course hs increases by a fair amount in the past three years. As more people apply, normally the competition increases and you have to learn in the best schools so that your degree will have some value. Some of the best schools in the country that teach Business Management are:
Many would have expected the prestigious Harvard University to be on top of the list and they weren’t wrong. Harvard is undoubtedly the best college in the country to learn about business management. For those who don’t know what Harvard is, it is a private Ivy League research university in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It has an acceptance rate of 9.9 percent and requires an average undergraduate GPA of 3.71 and an average GMAT score of 731.
University of Chicago (Booth)
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the graduate business school located in Chicago, Illinois. Also called Chicago Booth, it is known for producing more Nobel Laureates in Economic Sciences more than any other school. The acceptance rate at the university is 23.5 percent. It requires an average GPA of 3.61 and a GMAT score of 730. The average starting salary of people graduating from Booth is $151,085.
University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, also known as Wharton, is a private Ivy League university located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It was established in 1881. The Wharton School is said to be the oldest collegiate school of business. It has an optimistic rate of acceptance of 19.2 percent. The GPA required is 3.60 and a GMAT score of 730 is expected from the students. According to a survey, 82.3 percent of students get employed at graduation.
Stanford University is a private research university in Stanford, California. It is officially known as Leland Stanford Junior University. It is popularly known for its academic strength, wealth, and proximity to Silicon Valley. It has the lowest acceptance rate than any other college in this list. It is 5.7 percent with a GPA requirement of 3.74 and an average GMAT score of 737. Only 63.9 percent of students get employed at graduation. However, almost 88 percent of students get employed three months after graduation. The average starting salary is $129,440.